Sunday, January 6, 2019

New Year, New start

I left my full-time job last fall, and started a new gig that has me in the office twenty hours a week, Monday through Thursday. Going back to a part-time job brings the usual money woes, but the kids are already benefiting from the increased parental presence. The decreased office time has given me a hankering to dust off this site and reclaim my title as The World's Laziest Blogger.
My family has a number of challenges: I am a single parent, and both of my children are non-neurotypical. I struggle to find a balance between work and home. There's so much that I could write about, and yet, I never do. I've never found a way to write about my kids or my family life without feeling exploitative. Millions of other people do it all the time. Many have made book deals or become celebrities. It's just not in me.
That leaves two areas of enthusiasm and limited expertise: food, and music. The wretched Low Iodine Diet is a thing of the past - thank the Gods and Goddesses - so I'm free to ramble on about recipes, dinner parties, weeknight supper improvisations, canning, and my vintage cookbook collection. I've started a new site for my musical links and pontificating and will publish a link once it's tidy enough for visitors.
It would be awesome if I could manage to write every day, but that ain't happening. Once a week is probably more realistic. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment